South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, February 6, 2012

I finished the Book of Mormon for the 8th time....

Hello family!

Zone Training
Thanks for the email! That picture you attached was funny. To answer your questions, the hike last week was on a trail compared to Mt Logan just walking straight up the mountain. Both just good hikes. Yeah we dont have to wear our badges 24/7. Only if we think we should or if we're doing service for an investigator. 
The Real Zone
On the 1st and the 15th of the month, we get R658 to spend. It's enough for me each week. Just gotta budget my money and spend it wisely.

Daddy, what in the world are you going to do with a shotgun?? Haha and cool, I'm glad the Patriots lost! Shame Elder Twitchell likes the darn Dallas Cowboys. SD all the way! No I dont think I've picked up too much of an accent, but I have defiently picked up some sayings and words that are unique to South Africa.

Mommy, the report was on Thomas, not Stephen Peterson! haha You make me laugh, you always do that! haha. What about Carmel Mountain Pre School and Mount Carmel high shcool! haha Yes, I have walked down there by what is called the Waterfront. Its a pretty cool place, with beautiful Table Mountain in the background! Its not part of our area though. We work in the area behind table mountain.

Just for the record, every single day since we hiked Devils Peak in the clouds, there has NOT been a single cloud over the mountain since! Gosh dang it haha.

This week was great! Went by quick quick. Elder Twitchell got a monster package from his family. Man, its gotta be a world record or something! That thing was loaded! Oh my goodness. The best thing is, he shares it all with me! haha. Good news, we got some people who accepted to be baptized on a specific date...we hadn't had many of those recently, and now we have 4. They all love when we come and visit and teach them. The funny thing is, that we found each of them by talking to them on the street. ha.

This week we had some missionaries from PE visit us because they were getting some training from president, so they stayed with us for a night. sleeping on the floor was nice. In the morning when we drove them to the mission home, there was so much traffic! man, Cape Town! I felt like I was back home in San Diego for a minute! Oops, We dropped them off a few minutes late, but it was okay. This week we wanted to teach this guy, but we couldnt do it in his house, so we had a nice lesson in the library! Another thing that has helped some of our investigators is showing them a picture of where the chapel is and drawing a map of where it is, so now they have NO excuses to not come to church haha.

We were working last night and met this guy who was driving in his car and hollered to us "Hey thats my church." you dont hear that every day. We chatted to him and found out he has been looking for the church here in Cape Town for 8 years. He was a youngs men president back in the DRC, and his wife is not a member! He stays very near the elders quorum president, a member of the bishopric, and 2 other families! And he has a car. So we are excited to work with him. Part member families are the best to work with.

One of our less actives that we're working with came to church yesterday and really fellowshipped on of our investigators that came to church for the first time. He almost was talking to him too much! haha It was cool to see.

Guess what, this morning I finished the Book of Mormon for the 8th time in my life! Wow, what a powerful and inspired book. This is the 2nd time I've read it on mission, and got SO much out of it. I am amazed at the great example of missionaries in the BOM and how easy I have it here. I loved the doctrine of the gathering of Israel found in the BOM and am go thankful that I have a chance, first hand each and every day to be a part of it, and I also picked up on how many heavenly manifestations of angels appear in the BOM. I know with all my heart and soul, and every fiber in my being, that the BOM is true. I love being able to read it each and every day and to testify about it often. its the best! now, I think it might be on to the Doctrine and Covenants!

This week it looks like I might have a baptism interview to do for the elders in Gish Hoek! That should be fun.

2 scriptures:
Moroni 10:32-33

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.


Numbers 13:33
And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Well, I love you all! Have a great week! Talk to you in 7 days, as usual.
ELDER HAWS
People selling snok (fish) on the street
 
Looks yummy

I didnt know he was taking a picture of me during comp studies

After district meeting

Our Chapel, Cape Town!

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment