South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Are you trying to plump me up?

Hi Family

Table Mountain
Man, Elder Giles is already done, and today for sure we are hiking Table Mountain and have to leave soon, so this email is going to have to be brief. I do have a request though, could I get the Raleen's address! fetch, I never got that wedding invite haha. To answer some of your questions... yeah its most likely the same DVD's, we stay in the yellowish Avendale flats in Diep River. Most every p-day we get to hang out with other elders, its only in some areas that elders only get to see their companion, but not here in Cape Town! The end of the transfer is like 23 Nov. Mommy, you really don't wanna know why the black people have their teeth taken out. It is very inapporpriate. But for the men it is just the "cool" thing to do. Yeah some people are just weird.

YESS I got that amazing package! It was actually opened and examined by customs...I dont know if they took anything out though. Daddy, I already had that Nearer CD, but the other one is sweet. I like new music. All those sweets are gonna make me fat! Are you trying to plump me up so that you can sacrifice me to the ancestors when I get back? haha. The Xhosa's sacrifice cows and sheep to the ancestors.

The FHE last Monday with the Scheeper family went great. We bought all the food and had a good 'ole time!

This week I went on 2 exchanges! the first one was with elder mofammere. He's from Lesotho. I went to his area, Fish Hoek. We had lots and lots of fun. But as I was walking out of a shack, I smashed my head on the short door of the shack, and kinda cut the top of my head haha darn shacks!

Exchanges with Elder Wilson, from England, were sweet as well! he goes home in Feb and pretty much told me his life story, it was awesome. He interviewed out 2 baptisimal dates and they both passed so this Sunday they'll get baptized! Elder Giles is excited, its his first baptisms on mission.

Elder Giles and I are just growning to be a great team. We joke and tease one another all the time. He is sweet! 

The 2 scriptures are...  look 'em up! dont be lazy

2 Nephi 32:5
For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

D&C 68:31
Now, I, the Lord, am not well pleased with the inhabitants of Zion, for there are idlers among them; and their children are also growing up in wickedness; they also eseek not earnestly the riches of eternity, but their eyes are full of fgreediness.

Like I said, not a cloud in the sky today, and President approved us to hike Table Mountain, so next week I'll send some nice pictures home from that, and also from the baptism!

Sorry for the short email. next week's one will be better!

LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
-Elder Haws

BIG Elder Wilson and me

FHE with the Scheeper family!

Exchanges with Elder Mofammere

Its called the Great Gatsby...only R39! I barley could finish half of it



1 comment:

  1. That sunset picture is so beautiful! His apartment looks pretty nice. Glad your package arrived!

    ReplyDelete