South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, November 21, 2011

I downed 11 slices.....

HeY family.

Cool picture daddy. I resent some pictures, I'm not sure if you got them last time. First off, to answer your question mommy, haha I'm not taking any medication or what what, so dont worry, your son is a healthy boy and not taking some deadly poison haha.  Yeah, I didnt say anything in that video cuz this random dude was right next to me. Now I remember that other video I forwarded to you of missionaries singing the mission song! That was at like a zone training, and I wasn't there. Thanks for Raleen's address, but she sent me a nice short email, and she gave it to me.

Right now, its almost noon and there was no time change from East London to here in Cape Town. My watch is still good. No, I had to leave the Christmas tree in East London, so I guess those elders are lucky, huh?!

I bet you guys are super excited to go up to Logan this week. Hope you travel safe and eat lots! I'm not sure what meal plans we have on Thursday.
Zone training
As for the week of missionary work, I'll be honest, it was rough. Last p-day at the waterfront wasnt very cool. It was still nice though...theres no place like Cape Town! We visited this family and had a nice meal and FHE with them. I was laughing soo hard that my abs hurt. But then, after that, the rest of the week was challenging. Elder Giles informed me that he needed to go to the doctor and get like and x-ray or something for his visa to possibly go to Namibia...so we had to do that. He only told me on Tuesday, so we kinda had to do it. You know how hospitals can be, so we sat there during our prostelyting time for like almost 2 hours, but we got it all sorted out, so that was good. The next day, we got stuck at this lady's house and she simply would not stop talking, so that was kinda frusturating. The next day the zone leaders informed us that we needed to give them a lift to Bellville to go fetch their car that was in the shop, so that took a chunk of our day to do that, then we got a freakin flat tyre, it rained, etc. Just one of those weeks! I guess you have week like these in order to appreciate and enjoy the good ones, right?! Maybe the Lord was trying our faith, patience and diligence, but we tried to handle it with cheer and an upbeat attitude.

The ward had a movie night, and the 2 people we invited didnt show up, and I guess that was okay because the movie didnt work! haha. Yeah, it was only the Emma Smith movie though.
We still had some bright spots! We had our boarding inspected and the senior couple was very impressed! Normally they bring us like some sweets or something, so this time I thought I'd turn the tables and bake those cookies you sent me mommy, so thats what I did! They were surprised. Which got me thinking, mommy, hook me up with YOUR world famous receipt of Connie Haws's chocolate chip cookies! I was thinking of making them for Christmas to give to the families in our ward. Thanks!

Another "fillin/delicious" part of our week was when we went to this place called Panarottis...for ALL YOU CAN EAT pizza! wow, it was freakin nice. We met up with like 6 other elders, and just chowed! I downed 11 slices, but big bad Elder Giles took the crown and ate a whopping 16 slices! I was proud of my companion, even though he was feeling it the next morning while we were on a morning jog! haha. I think the record for missionaries is 21 slices. It was super gooood!

Another personal bright spot was when we went to the zone leaders boarding and worked out! Oh man, it was nice. They have like a ghetto place with like 2 weights, but it was better than nothing! We benched a little bit, and hit the biceps nice and hard! It felt SO good! What was even nicer was that my awesome family sent me my favorite protein bar and it was just the icing on the cake! I felt so unbelievably sore the next day, and as a matter of fact, I'm still sore, but it feels so good. Thats one thing that I really do miss, that gym.

Yesterday, it just happened that we got fed 3 times! Yeah, I'm full. The food was lekker! (nice)
So either tonight, or most likely tomorrow morning, we get our much anticipated transfer news! Oh man! It like 50-50 if Elder Giles stays or goes. I have no clue. I'll sure miss the guy if he leaves. He is such a good companion and missionary. I love him! We get along and work together well, but we'll see!

The 2 scriptures are 2 Cor 8:12
For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

and D&C 24:12
And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

 :)   Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving! I heard from a South African that Thanksgiving wasn't started by the pilgrams...it was only taken up after the Civil War to try and more unite the country..or something like that! haha. I dont know, but I was impressed this oak who told us knew that! smart smart.
Cape Town laid out
Well, Cape Town is still treating me well. Yeah last week was tough, and our teaching pool is pretty shallow at the moment, but we got some new people to see this week and others to follow up on, so it'll be fun! In my personal study, im reading the old testament and the Book of Mormon. I'm in Helaman 12ish and Exodus 13ish. I love the scriptures! I look forward to studying each and every day with no distractions and to be taught by the spirit. Well, time for Elder Haws to log off. Know that I'm doing great and that I miss and love you all lots and lots!
LOVE,
Elder Dusty Haws


From the top, with Love

No comments:

Post a Comment