South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, November 14, 2011

Yeahh, thats an eyeball and I ate it!!

HEY

How'z it?! Cool pictures. Daddy, I'm disappointed, I thought you were an Aggie fan?! haha thank goodness Kelly filled me in on the BIG news! HORRAY! goo Aggies. Like that picture of the Aggie tattoo haha. I hope you like the pictures and video that I sent! pretty awesome huh?! No Thanksgiving lined up yet. Shame about it getting dark so early. I know you don't like that daddy. In the winter here it got dark round about 6 pm, but now it stays light till round about 8 pm. I like it.

On top! SACTM
This week was nice! As you can see, we actually hiked one of the 7 wonders of the world! It was amazing. I was like a Springbok and had a good pace going, and smoked some of the others in our group of 12 elders that did the hike. I was one of the first to make it to the top! It took me about 1 hour. It was a pretty decent climb, but I think all my training and hiking and backpacking that I did in scouts helped me. The view from the top was breathtaking! Most all the people take the tram to the top, so the top was very crowded. It costs like R100 to take it. From the top you could see forever! But eventually we had to go down, and that was tough. I'll be honest with you, my legs were pretty much shacking. It took like 45 minutes, and my legs were dead after that. It felt soo nice to sit down and rest. I'm also thankful I'm not in a walking area at the moment cuz my legs were sore for a good 4 days after the hike! Serious. it was SO worth it though. I can check it off my list of things to do here in South Africa.

That was a highlight of the week, and so was going on exchanges with Elder Speed in his area of Fish Hoek! We stayed up late chatting about all kinds of things, and then had a nice day the next day, even though we were a little tired. He cooked me a divine meal for lunch! wow, it was Lekker! (nice) he is a powerful missionary who lives in Australia. He knows his stuff. I learned a lot from him and cant wait to go on another exchange probably next transfer with him.

Probably the best thing that happened this week occurred yesterday, the baptism of Teacher and Ian! they were found tracting, which is rare, and are from Zimbabwe. People from Zim are my favorite! Soo humble and loving and sweet. We planned everything out, and things went as planned. but when Teacher was getting baptised by that Darren guy, he almost baptised both of them! I guess Teacher didnt really bend his legs, so Darren struggled a little bit and slipped and almost went all the way under the water haha. It was done properly though. but I loved it the most when they both bore their testimonies after they changed. We practices the night before, and they were both nervous, but they nailed it! Simple, but from the heart! I was soo proud. also we gave them 4 white shirts, and 2 of our ties, so they looked sharp! Elder Giles and I was so happy, and so were they.

One thing that was disturbing this week was when we were driving we saw this black kid who had to only be about 9 years old, smoking. He looked like a thug and probably could beat me up haha.

We're looking for more people to teach, and found that tracting doesnt always work very well, so we've visited some of the members in the ward and asked for referrals. So that has been fun.

Also, this week I clicked 14 months! Can you believe it?! I cant.

Heres a funny thing that has happened quite a few times since I've been a missionary...People in the grocery store always ask me where to find something or other questions. Sometimes I give it my best guess, and other times I look at them and then they realize I'm a missionary, and just walk away haha.

Well, today we're going to the Waterfront. Should be nice. I've never been there, but I'm sure its nice.

The scripture is Helaman 6:37
And it came to pass that the Lamanites did hunt the band of robbers of Gadianton; and they did preach the word of God among the more wicked part of them, insomuch that this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites.


I'm glad to hear that things are going well back home! I always look forward to hearing from you guys on Monday mornings. It starts out my week on a great note! The missionary work is here is going very well! Have a great week! I think about you often, and keep you in my prayers daily.

LOVE ya!
-Elder Haws

Our district on the top
 
Yeahh, thats an eyeball and I ate it

Smiley!

They call this place the Wetlands, its unreal
USU over BYU in Basketball!!!
Thats called False Bay

1 comment:

  1. That is gross that he ate an eyeball! Fred has eaten stuff like that but I couldn't bleh!!!

    ReplyDelete