South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, June 18, 2012

Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven


YO family!

Normally we email from the smiths home, for free, but yesterday they drove out to Swokomound and now they're somewhere in the north, so we're at an email shop. I have like 20 minutes left, so let’s see what i can pound out in that time. That sand dune is too far for us to go, but not super far from here in Windhoek. and so far on mission I’ve only gotten food stuck like 2 or 3 times, and I deserved it cuz I was super-duper hungry, and didn’t chew enough, So no problems there. And those darn people in Texas, they just wish they had as many animals as here in Africa. Or maybe sweet 'ole grandpa heard wrong ha-ha. A famous Namibian is Sam Nojouma or something like that. And no this place was too fancy for rice and black beans ha-ha nahh I’m sure they had it there, but I didn’t order that.   Gosh dang it Padres! Come on!!! And I’ll send like a postcard home when I get around to it. And since when do you have a stamp collection?! ha-ha and yeah not in cape town so much, but in Durban there are lots of people from India and yeah I did hear that they did have slave colonies there back in the day. And I guess that's why Durban is known for its good curries!!!

Guess what, my week was awesome as usual! Any surprise there?! Ha-ha brother Shegena, the same guy who took us to that Portuguese restaurant, took us to Joe's beer house and he got the kabob with all the cool meats on it, but Elder Morris and I got the zebra stake!! ahhhh soooo gooood!! yummmm. It was so nice of him to do that. He’s going to the celestial kingdom!
A family in Windhoek from Angola

We also did some sweet service/volunteer work at the National Library of Namibia!! Basically we just sorted newspaper for 2 1/2 hours! Man, it was hard work and labor. And I pretty much know all the top headlines of Namibia and the world since January. I think we were inspired to go there cuz they desperately needed someone to do what we did. Their poor cabinets were overflowing! They were soo appreciative for what we did. We plan to go back sometime. I love to serve!
The baptism of Monika

We taught lots of people this week. Had some powerful lessons. We also have 2 more baptisms coming up. President Wood will be here to witness them, so that will be sweet. Each companionship will have some; it’s going to be a nice day.

Tell Alex I say hi when you see him. Most weeks we email back and forth. Sometimes I’ve been slow though. I love that guy!  I guess I’ll be home for conference in October. How about you score some tickets?!  That would be sweet.

Look up Mosiah 23:21 and D&C 76: 22-24 there was a lesson on sacrifice in church yesterday. They pointed out how big a sacrifice it is to go on a mission for 2 years. I’ve never really thought about it like that before. I’m just having the time of my life over here; I don’t see it as much of a sacrifice! I’ve learned more this side of the world that I ever could have in the USA! I guess it's true though, sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. The more we sacrifice, the more He'll bless us! Nice!

Days are just flying by over here! Loving it!! Miss you all very much.
LOVE,
Elder Dusty Haws

Windhoek area.

No comments:

Post a Comment