South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, March 5, 2012

Family, I love you like a fat kid loves cake!


Simeons Town with the zone of elders, with penguins!
 …Sup family!

I’m glad you got the letter mommy..can’t wait for a response! How did you like that song I sent?? Sorry daddy, you know I love you lots! I just needed to tell mommy some things. I’m going to get to say how I feel about you TO YOUR FACE in a few months! How’s that sound? We need some QT asap! golfing, shooting, gyming, surfing, temple (ing), fishing/camping, running, etc. Let’s have some fun when I get home! I’ll teach mommy some of my sharp cooking skillz from South Africa. There are not too many special dishes, but I’ll get some recipes or something, and more souvenirs for you guys. But that’s not till September.

Thanks for the address of Westview, I knew it! Man, I miss looking at my house! It’s stunning!! Jeromy would be SO fun to be able to serve with. but sometimes you don’t click with your companion...luckily I have with all of mine, but I’ve seen and heard and witnessed many many companions not getting along, and sometimes the Lord will keep them together until they work it out or until they begin to love one another. It’s not fun when you don’t get along with your companion. That’s crazy that both Alex and Eric come home soon! Dang.

Yeah the mice don’t bother us, that was like a onetime thing. I haven’t been bit at all by the fleas, but Eder Twitchell has quite a bit and Elder Chikara is black, and fleas don’t bother black people! Yes, the CD's were great! Elder Twitchell has some nice music. I couldn’t tell you last week because you had just told me and I had just barley asked him in my letter, and he responded today and said that it sounded familiar and I cut and pasted what she said in her nice letter, to him, so I’m sure now he'll remember her. Sister Wood was her seminary teacher and said sister Clark would always bring her 3 month old baby to class haha! Man, it sounds like church ball is intense! I’m jealous Kelly went to the Jazz game. You know what my dream is to seeing my family after my mission...in the San Diego airport! Nope, no last requests. I’ll love anything I get from my family! I don’t need much. Everything is #1.

Ha-ha oh yeah, so last week we went and had fun playing mini golf, even though there was a water slide right next to it, and it was a fetchin hot day. It was fun! After that, we drove the unbelievable drive to Simeons Town, it goes right along the coast! We got to see some penguins and just enjoyed God's beautiful creations. Elder Twitchell and I were driving home and the phone rang and Elder Twitchell said it was President Wood. At first I didn’t believe him, cuz why in the world would he be calling on a P-day. Anyway, Elder Twitchell answered and said that president wanted to talk to me. So I pulled the car over and said "This is Elder Haws" (like I always do when I answer the phone) and president and I just chatted for a minute, and then said "Elder Haws, are you sitting down?" and when a mission president says that, it’s not generally a good sign, Ya know?! I was thinking something happened to my family, or there was going to be an emergency transfer or something. It was none of those. He said that a new elder would be joining us! phewf! Ha-ha. He explained that this elder was supposed to come to SACTM in October, but he had some visa problems and that he just had been serving in Jo-burg for a little bit, then up in Zimbabwe for the past month, but now he was good to go to come to Cape Town! He specifically said that the Lord wants him to be with us. So when he first told me, it sounded like it was just a temporary thing, like for 2 days or something, so I asked president when we were to bring him back to the mission home so he could go somewhere else, president laughed and said that he would be with us for the rest of the transfer! Ah! So we're a 3 some now! His name is Elder Chikara from Zimbabwe but lived in Jo-burg for the past 6 years. He is epic! I love that guy! Oh my goodness. What a Christ-like missionary! Sooo humble and loving, and powerful! This guy knows his stuff, and he's only been out 5 months! he's made us breakfast and is just awesome. I’m so glad that he's with us here in Meadowridge. the boarding is a little small, but we make it work. I sleep on the floor with the old mattress, but it’s not that bad actually. president informed me that I now am in charge of the biggest district in the mission! 7 members. Last transfer there was only 4. Nice!

This week I went on exchanges with the zone leaders. Elder Rogers and I had fun in our area. and recently, we've had some powerful and busy days, which is great! We’re working hard and the Lord is blessing us! even with nice DA's! haha we had a lekker braai with this awesome family the other night. we also took out brother Scheepers twice. he is a member of the high counsel and always begs to come with us, so we took him and he was powerful! Man, that guy knows how to fellowship and teach the gospel.

Us with the zone leaders in our boarding.
My district meeting on Friday was, was big. I think it turned out okay and I had every one participate. The focus of the transfer is to learn how to work with ward and stake leaders, so last Friday we discussed about the ward mission leader. but then afterwards, I have to take reports. I don’t take my companions report, because I just do it during the week without them even knowing it. I had to take the report of the 4 elders working in Fish Hoek, and it took me 1 1/2 hours! They’re struggling a little bit, so they told me all about it and I tried to help them the best that I could. Things are looking up though! They’ll all be fine. It was just hard work.
The legendary CRAIG!!
Craig is in Alma and is just amazing! There’s another guy named Mike who is awesome! He’s white as well! I haven’t taught many white people on my mission, and both of these chaps have come 3 times to church and are anxious to learn! I’m excited for them. This week we're busy busy. Lots of people in the ward signed up to feed us...yahoo the Lord loves His servants on His errand.

Today we're going to Cape Point! I’ve already been there, but the other elders haven’t, and I’m down to go again! It’s super pretty and like once (or twice) in a lifetime thing. I’m so lucky.

D&C 63:23,64
23 But unto him that keepeth my commandments I will give the mysteries of my kingdom, and the same shall be in him a well of living water, springing up unto everlasting life.
...64 Remember that that which cometh from above is sacred, and must be spoken with care, and by constraint of the Spirit; and in this there is no condemnation, and ye receive the Spirit through prayer; wherefore, without this there remaineth condemnation


D&C 67:10
And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.

Family, I love you like a fat kid loves cake! Miss you all very very much, but this final 6 months is going to go by quick quick!

Talk to you guys next week, for sure!

LOVE,
Elder Haws

...just being kids again!
TIA cleaning dishes in a bathroom haha

No comments:

Post a Comment