South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, February 14, 2011

I've been on mission for 5 months now! crazy huh?!

Dear Family -

Yeah our food at our DA's have been pretty sweet..no complaints! THANK YOU for those amazing pictures! they're awesome! perfect, just what I wanted. Will you send a USB drive for my pictures?? hellooo haha you never answered that question. and I would like some daily vitamins please.

Can you tell the McMullins thanks for the nice family Christmas card they sent me!  Can you also ask Nancy, Sandy, Julie, and Sue if they got the letters I sent them! I wrote them a long time ago, but it looks like they didnt get them. I'll write them again, it is just a bummer if they dont get them!

I was thinking, hey daddy, if I have to be a missionary for 2 years, I think it's time for you to be a missionary! I was thinking, get a copy of the Book of Mormon from one of the elders and then pray about someone who you could give it to...then write your testimony in the front of it (neatly haha) then give it to them! will you do that?!

This week was just another week in the mission field. kinda rough, to be honest. One night we were planning for the next day, and our planner was blank! sooo we decided to go tracting, fun! haha. We went over a rich Afrikkaner place..called Bunkers Hill (doesn't that just sound like a rich area) we didnt do much, actually kinda got lost. its not a very productive area.

We did some intense service in the blistering heat of South Africa! yessie it was hot. then we RAN home. that shower sure did feel good.

I went on exchanges with the one and only Elder Turner! Man, that guy is something else! haha he's from Jo-burg, and goes home at the end of April. He is what we called "dead" haha like ready to go home. also, he is sorta "apostate" meaning he isnt the most obedient elder. He struggles with the mission music policy. we're only supposed to listen to hymns. buttt not him. he has a boat load of normal CD's that he listens to! haha totally against the rules. and sadly, he forced me to listen to some of his music!  Some of it is like metal, so it for sure doesnt invite the spirit...but then during the lessons he's powerful and a great teacher! and then that night we were waiting for the other elders for like 20 minutes, and the radio in the car just 'happened" to turn on, and he played me some of his music. I know its wrong to listen to music, but I have to admit, he had goood music! anyway... haha

We got post on friday...and I got 10 wonderful letters! thats gotta like be a record or something! I loved each one of them. and I could just feel the outpouring of love that all my loved ones and friends have for me. I'm not sure what I did to deserve all this love and support, but it honestly lifts me and keeps me going! its great and something I really enjoy.

I've been on mission for 5 months now! crazy huh?! I can honestly say that I've learned more in these 5 short months than i have in my entire life (gospel wise) I've had many many great and exciting days, and of course, the days that seem to go on forever and things have been rough. but overall, the time has flown by and I've been blessed in being in such a great ward and having great companions.

Well, bring on another week! We have interviews with President Probst this week! yahoo! that guy is the man!

Travel safe to Logan! You lucky guys! Live it up for me!
Miss you lots. 19 more months! :)

Love,
Elder Haws

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Dusty's posts. Alex sent him an email last week. I hope he got it.

    ReplyDelete