South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Friday, September 17, 2010

Already Week 2 in the MTC Jo-burg

Hi

I don't need an update on everything that is going on. I'm trying to focus on missionary stuff, but thanks for all the info. Sorry, I can't answer all of your questions. How about you just send 1 email a week and I'll respond to that.

Daddy, you can go ahead and take the MTC address off my Facebook and just keep the Cape Town address on there, thanks!  Tell Kelly I was thinking about her on her birthday!!

To answer a few of the thousands of questions you asked, um the camera barley works. I really wish I have one that works. The battery only lasts like 30 seconds, but then if I turn it off and on again, it works for another 30 seconds. The food here is pretty goood. I get all that I need. Every night is PB&J night. The weather has been prefect, just like San Diego. I haven't got anything at the store. I still need to exchange my money for rand. and yeah a clock would be nice.

Well, life at the MTC is going pretty good. We wake up, study, go to class, eat, go to class, eat, study, go to class some more, etc. We got to go to the temple on Tuesday. it was unbelievable. 12 Africans got to go through for the first time. I was right next to my comp and helped him. It was awesome. the doors in the celestial room were so big that they have 4 hinges. The temple was super small, like tiny. It was like 30 minutes away, so we got to drive through the city of Jo-burg a little bit. It was for sure an eye opener.

Yesterday we taught 3, 30 minute lessons. The first one was rough, but the 2 other ones that we did at night went pretty good! Its still hard to teach stuff, cuz i'm kinda quiet, but my comp always helps me out, and I just make him answer all the tough questions. ha. Its 7 in the morning right now, and in 3 hours i'm gonna go on splits with the missionaries in the area! like, the real deal. I'm kinda scared, but I'm sure it'll be a good learning experience.

I'm just trying to soak everything up here, like a sponge. Its kinda funny, when the Africans say "Elder Haws" it sounds like "Elder Oz" (like wizard of oz) We listened to a talk by Elder Bednar and he said

"We should become a missionary, not just go on a mission" and another quote I liked was

"Don't count the days, make the days count"   but this is the best one of all, Sarah told it to me,

"Missionaries on on a mission and leave their families for 2 years so that other families can be together for eternity"

I miss you guys!!

Lots of love!!
Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment