South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Last Week at the MTC, Game time baby

Mommy! Daddy! Kelly!

Glad to hear that things are going good back in San Diego! and oh yeah, today is the big day, Aggies and Aztecs!! dang, I wish I could watch it! go Aggies!

My interim debit card is expired, and there's no place to exchange my US dollars, so I'm straight up broke! welcome to life as a missionary.  That's cool you got a letter from Kelly...umm where's mine sista?!

That's good you got my license and stuff, send it to Cape Town, cuz I'm outta here on Wednesday morning! I got a letter from grandma and sister Bessy, and it took 3 weeks, so I hope I get it sooner than that. and I'll send you a pic of my comp and I sometime.

So last Saturday we went out with the missionaries. Wow! What a culture shock. It still seems weird to drive on the left side of the road, and have the steering wheel on the right side of the car. All the cars are super small, and the drivers drive crazy. We tracted for 2 hours. It was cool. the whole entire time I didn't see a white person. There was lots of poverty. Around every house here are big brick fences, and almost every house has like a guard dog. The people are way nice and humble and are pretty open to hear about the gospel. they use a ton of slang and stuff, so it'll take a while to get used to that.

We went to the temple on Tuesday. It was awesome. We get to go one more time, and we get to do sealings! I'm excited. the temple is near downtown Jo-burg, so I saw the Telkom tower...I remember seeing it on TV during the world cup.

We watched a devotional given by Elder Holland at the MTC in Provo, it was absolutely amazing. He got up there without any text, and just talked for over an hour. It was powerful

I played basketball the other day, it was soo fun! I still got it!  Sorry there's nothing that exciting that happened this week.  I fly to Cape Town on the 29th. Game time baby!

Love,
Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment