South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Saturday, September 11, 2010

First days at the MTC

Yeah, this is my email address. So life in the MTC is pretty good so far. My comp from Zimbabwe got here the other day. Elder Chiromo. He's awesome! He has such a strong testimony and is super nice. All of these African saints know their stuff very well. Yesterday was our first official day in the MTC, like going to the classes and stuff. We jumped right into things and already practiced teaching, its not easy! But we'll be practicing alot.

The food here is pretty good so far. And each night Im super tired so I've been sleeping like a baby. And I'm pretty much adjusted to the time zone. Im excited to go to the Jo-Burg temple on tuesday. We get to go 3 times. And most of the africans havent ever been to the temple. so this will be their first time ever. I am sooo excited for them. Well, the elder before me hogged the computer, so I gotta go. But mommy, we FORGOT to pack my shorts!! What the heck! and I by far have the least amount of stuff. Everyone else has like lots of shirts and tons more other stuff. We packed too light. Oh well, I'll be alright!

Well I miss you all. Keep me in your prayers. In one of our classes our teacher said that my time in the MTC will be one of the most spiritual times of my entire life. 10 hours a day for 21 straight days of learning the gospel. Doesn't get any better than that! Miss you!

Love you!
Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment