South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, July 18, 2011

Their kites were made of black trash bags. TIA

Dear Family,

Thanks for sending the package! daddy, I'm dieing for a small sports update! and listen here, the only advice I have is to JUST DO IT!! You either have the desire or you don't. the gym is one place that I'm going to be spending a lot of my time when I get back! ah, I honestly miss 24 Hour fitness and the Fieldhouse at USU. I did get a nice workout on exchanges...it felt amazing!

We thought we were going to get transfer news this morning, but I guess we'll get it tomorrow...which is not as nice as today cuz we have to go shopping and say goodbyes to people, but I guess everyone will just have to wait till tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me! I reallyyy wanna know whats going to happen this next transfer.

Like I mentioned, and you can see in the pictures, I went on exchanges with Elder Oyiembo. He's from Kenya! He was telling me about how back home he would go out hunting with like spears and stuff all day to catch food and stuff. it was sweet. Like thats Africa! He's a total greenie on mission, and kinda shy and stuff, but he did good in the lessons we taught.we had fun together.

We spent a combined 21 hours with less active members this week. 2 of them were recent converts. man, LA's can be frustrating. they're such liars! haha we were gonna walk with one to church...like we reminded him the night before, and everything and had it all set up, then that morning we phoned him like 4 times, hooted the horn, banged on his fence, nothing! lame. but other than that, we dont have many investigators to teach...but we still work hard all day.

We bought 2 chocolate bars for the Nyandoro family for their birthday, and the kids literally went insane and crazy when they saw them. they only both cost 10 Rand, but they were like screaming and soo happy! they are so humble.

Saturday was Elder Grow's 20th birthday! I bought him lunch on Friday, and gave him his fav candy bar. He was happy. and he made sure that everyone that we saw or met knew that it was his birthday! haha.

We had a special, unexpected fast yesterday. president asked us, as a mission, to fast to soften the hearts of the people of the Namibian government to let our elders stay there. I dont know all the details, but I do know that Elder Grow and I were suffering walking around in the sun with no one to visit, tired and thirsty, yesterday! haha. We survived though... and got lucky and had 2 nice DA's, back to back! It was niiccceeee. I love Xhosa food. chicken, rice, chakalaka, potato salad, and cool drink. yum yum.

We saw some township kids flying kites, and their kites were made of black trash bags. TIA

Soo heres a fun fact for you. here in South Africa, when you pass, or overtake a car, you put on your hazards to thank the person, and sometimes the person who got overtaken puts their brights on to in a way say thank you! cool huh?

Happiness truly is the greatest of all riches! and the 2 scriptures of the week are
D&C 98:2-3

2Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

and Matthew 9:37
 37Then saith he unto his disciples, The havest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Well, days just keep flying bye! Im having such a blast here in South Africa. Im motivated and excited for this work, and just love every second of every day! I can tell when the time come to go back home, its gonna be hard, but I'll be excited to see all of you!

I'll let you know the transfer news next week. maybe I'll be outta East London? Who knows. What I do know is that life is good!

Cheers!
Elder Haws

Us singing at the end of District Meeting!

Look at tata's BIG belly haha
I look weird, but the view is nice

Elder Oyiembo and I on exchanges!

Eating some Mgqushu in the car

No comments:

Post a Comment