South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, December 26, 2011

Was awesome to hear from you guys last night!!

HEY!

Man, the living room hasn't changed a bit. I'm missing my place on the couch. The chair looks nice, but I'll be honest, its not what I expected. It looks pretty comfy according to daddy. I got lots of sports and movie's to catch up on and to watch from that place!

Chrsitmas in Cape Town
Well, it was awesome to hear from you guys last night!! I really really enjoyed it! Sorry my voice sounded weird (not my fault) and that the connection wasnt the greatest ever. At least it didnt take like 30 minutes to work like it did last Christmas! haha I was wondering though...how much does it cost to call me?! I'm just curious.
I basically told you all about my week on the phone, but I did go on exchanges with Elder Perry. He's from Whales, and is a sweet missionary. then the next day I travelled to Fish Hoek and went on exchanges with Elder Park. I think that is the reason I'm sick. You always stay up late on exchanges, so I think my body just couldnt handle it and decided to get sick. I'm feeling a little bit better. I was thinking that this kind of was a good time to be feeling a little under the weather because you're not expected to teach like 5 lessons every day. Its a time to strengthen members and just to go about doing good...and thats exactly what we did.

I'm probably more excited to send you that package than you are to receive it! Its gonna be good. I shoulda sent one sooner. If there is anything else you think of that you want, let me know! I for sure bring lots of stuff home when I finish my mission! (an entire suitcase full)

The 2 scriptures are Hebrews 6:10

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

and D&C 31:3-5

3 Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.
4 You shall declare the things which have been revealed to my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun. You shall begin to preach from this time forth, yea, to reap in the field which is white already to be burned.
5 Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Wherefore, your family shall live.

I think that is about all for today. Thanks for always being such a great family to me, your love, support, encouragement & prayers is what keeps me going each and everyday. Each day that passes is a day closer to when we'll meet again! These last 8 months or so will for sure go by quick quick!

LOVE you guys!
Elder Haws

Elder Perry and I
 
Cooking up a storm!
 
Look at all those cookies we made


The Galis family...cooked a feast for us on Christmas!

It looked cool in person...like the clouds coming down off the mountain

He was making Billtong...or beef jerkey as we call it

A classic Elder Giles look

Looking towards the south pole. soo pretty!

Elder Park and I with False Bay in the background
 

1 comment:

  1. It will definitely go fast that's for sure! Love those phonecalls.

    ReplyDelete