South Africa Cape Town Mission Web site click below

Monday, June 20, 2011

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Hey Family,

How'z it?! Life here in South Africa is perfect! Short, but sweet email. I'm telling you, letters from East London never make it home! All the elders say the same thing. Its better to send them from Cape Town. Thanks, but no thanks about the book. I'll read it when I get back! for sure! Cant think about anything for my package...just surprise me! I guess a mormon tabernacle chior CD would be nice.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADDY!!! I thought about you a lot, and hope and pray that you had a fantastic day! You're the best daddy ever. ANYONE CAN BE A FATHER, IT TAKES SOMEONE SPECIAL TO BE A DAD. Amen to that! You're the best.

...Elder Staheli joined the military when he was 17 and served for 2 years on active duty, and has killed 17 people before. Yeah, this guy is legit! haha. So he just took a leave or whatever from the marines and will go back to being a marine when he gets back. I hope that answers your question. But like he was less active before he came on mission, but it kinda wasnt his fault. man, he has some funny funny stories! Like how drill instructors would make fun of and tease wimpy marines! We just die laughing in the car! ah, I love that guy!

This week was zone conference...the last one with the Probsts! It was amazing! President said that in the future all missionary boardings will have DVD players for training purposes....we'll see who the obedient missionaries are, now wont we! haha. and he made us promise something that was VERY deep doctrine...like about the celestial kingdom! I wont say it, but it just blew all of our minds! haha it was sweet. Also, the AP's (assistant to the president) were there. and my former companion...Elder Larrabee is the current AP!! Only the best missionaries are chosen as AP's! man, I love that guy! It was really good to see him! I missed him.

I'm starting to get used to and more comfortable in my new area. this week we walked a boat load, but we worked hard and got some good stats. It was super windy for a few days! One night, it kept me up a little bit. We taught this crazyy old mamma who was soo stubborn and said how she was going to pray for us that we could see the truth and all this other junk. oh well, her loss. Elder Grow was kinda bible bashing with her. man, he was fired up! haha he wants to be a lawyer when he grows up!

I had to go to PEC yesterday morning before church. Since our ward mission leader doesn't come to church, we have to report on who we saw during the week. It was fun. next week I'm teaching gospel principles class..yes! I'm excited.

I dont know if you know this, but here, WWE is super popular!! like John Cena, all those guys! Its kinda weird. all the kids love it, and so do the adults. but last night, we went to teach that family, and WWE was on, and we watched it like for 2 minutes, then a commercial came on, and I asked them to turn it off, but reluctantly they said it would be done in 25 minutes! hahah like that was more important than what we had to share! They just laughed and turned it off, and had a great lesson with the family. The son is getting baptized this Saturday, cuz the rest of the family, minus the dad, are already baptized.

We were playing Phase 10 for FHE with some members, and we learned the word in Xhosa for "you're a cheater" and when we said it, everyone started laughing! haha you say "uligqubusha" (the Q is a click)

But on a serious note, I wasnt going to mention this, but the elders who work in the other ward, close to our area, had a drunk guy pull a gun on them! Yeah, it was scary. soo just dont forget to mention me in your prayers to keep me safe. We try to walk in lighted areas and stuff, but it gets dark starting around 5:30pm, and we need to get to teaching appointments, and our last one is normally at 7pm, so we walk at night. it can be scary, but the work must go on!

Cool scriptures... 2 Corinthians 9:6-7

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

and
 
Jacob 6:12  "O be wise; what can I say more?"

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Talk to you guys next week!
-Elder Haws


Thats Elder Staheli...dressed up like a little school boy, and posing like a model! He's SO funny!
 
Yeah...we freeeze during companion studies haha
 
Doing service as a district.
 

The Nyndoro Family after elder Staheli interviewed Ronald...that baby by Elder Grow is SO cute!
    
Those are bush tents in the background...ouch man!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment